Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Album Review: DJ Drez - Jahta Beat: The Lotus Memoirs

The morning of April 17th, 2012, I lazily scrolled through my iTunes playlists in hopes of finding something awesome to listen to.  Then I remembered...DJ Drez's new one was being released on that very day, Jahta Beat: The Lotus Memoirs.  Sweet!

I downloaded the precious tracks while I heated water on the stove (for my morning hot lemon water which, by the way fellow yogis, I highly recommend each morning during the springtime for a gentle liver cleanse) and enjoyed the rest of my morning giving the album a good few listens.

I've been a long-time lover of DJ Drez's creations and it's safe to say this one is my favorite of his (four part) Jahta Beat series.  I love how consistent the 15 tracks are with each other and as a whole.  He combines a little bit of everything so it's likely something will appeal to your ears as you give this album a listen.  I highly recommend it!  Thanks, DJ Drez, keep em' coming, please!

PS:  I'm currently adding quite a few tracks from this album to some of my existing yoga playlists for asana class, including:

Guru Mantra (when we start to warm up and begin our sequence flow)
Dreaming East (when we've got a good flow going)
Dragon Mudra (during a nice balancing sequence)
Nectar Drop (towards the end of class when we're starting to wind things down)
Yearning (right before savasana, when we're reclined on our backs stretching gently)


Be well,
Lauren Forney

Lauren Forney HHC, RYT founder of Center Your Health, is a Holistic Health Counselor and Registered Yoga Teacher based in Red Bank, NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment