Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Yoga is Sound and Sound is Yoga

Yoga is sound and sound is yoga. The connection between breath, movement, and sound is a very powerful combination. When combined correctly, the pulse of the music matches the flow of breath and movement and true yoga magic happens!

Being a sound healer, music is very important to me and is a big part of all of my classes. My classes are called "yoga and sound" and are a blend vinyasa flow with elements of sound healing in the form of planetary gongs, crystal singing bowls, tuning forks, and chanting. The addition of recorded music adds to the practice and I choose music that compliments the flow and theme of the class. Most of the music I use in class is from the YogiTunes DJs, as their songs blend beautifully with the gongs and bowls. I am a huge proponent of carefully chosen music combined

~Jamie Bechtold, Sound Healing - Sound Baths - Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment